PROJECT

Formerly known as Children's Express, Headliners is a UK-wide news agency producing news, features and comment by young people for everyone.

Through a unique learning through journalism programme, young people aged 8 to 19 research and write stories on issues that are important to them for publication in national and local newspapers, magazines, television and radio.

The aim of this blog, created by Maëlle Guéroult and Connor Scullion, is to let every young person from Northern Ireland express their ideas and opinions, whatever their background.

The views contained in this blog are those of the individual writer and are not necessarily endorsed by Headliners, the host school or any other partner organisation.

If you want to join us, e-mail us!

Wednesday, February 27

What is an extreme hair cut?


Chris McDowell (Boys Model, Belfast)

I go to a secondary school in the North Belfast area and it can be like prison sometimes. They have this rule that says you’re not allowed extreme hair cuts although What is an extreme haircut?! I have a bit of blue in the front of my hair. It isn't alot nor is it all over my hair and I was told it was extreme (even though who ever is reading may think it isn't) but to me it isn't an extreme hair cut. Now, I don’t know but is that wrong? Who knows?

Well, anyway I think they should tell us in more detail what’s expectable if they want us to run about like marines then we would have joined the marines. Why should an hair cut decide whether you should be thrown out of school till it comes out when there is pupil stopping others from learning and going on the beak and not coming to school and yet I get told I have to get it out. I think our school are taking hair cuts too seriously and I would recommend that they lightened up a bit on it after all I am a big Senior School pupil lol.

No comments: