PROJECT

Formerly known as Children's Express, Headliners is a UK-wide news agency producing news, features and comment by young people for everyone.

Through a unique learning through journalism programme, young people aged 8 to 19 research and write stories on issues that are important to them for publication in national and local newspapers, magazines, television and radio.

The aim of this blog, created by Maëlle Guéroult and Connor Scullion, is to let every young person from Northern Ireland express their ideas and opinions, whatever their background.

The views contained in this blog are those of the individual writer and are not necessarily endorsed by Headliners, the host school or any other partner organisation.

If you want to join us, e-mail us!

Tuesday, April 29

Gotta a love for life



By Gina Ritchie
Hunterhouse College
I hate the fact that we have 5 days a week of school and only 2 days of the weekend, does my head in. Things would be so much easier if I had a car, I could do things at my pace and leisure.
I hate the fact that everyone I hang out with are older than me and all have their own methods of transport and I have to get stuck with someone else.
I hate that I spend more time with teachers and people that I don’t necessarily like in school than with my family at home.
I hate doing ironing every Wednesday and Sunday and the fact that I don’t get paid, but I love that it makes my mum happy that it’s one less thing for her to do.
I love the weekends where you get up, don’t plan what you’re gonna do but just go with the flow, roll outta bed, get a quick shower, slap on some makeup and get in my mate’s car and drive, not knowing where were going, what were gonna do or how much money it’ll cost.
I love the song Elements by Tiesto, there’s no words in the song but it just makes me feel like I can do anything, it puts me in the mood for anything, it’s the song of my life.
I hate school and the fact that in an all girl school there’s always guaranteed to be an argument between people in my class and you have to choose sides.
I hate that I have to get up at 7am to go to school and I don’t get home ‘til 4pm.
I hate that my mum makes me come home at 10pm whereas all my friends have no set time as to when they have to be in, but yet I love that my mum’s only doing it to look out for me and make sure I’m safe.
I hate school uniform because it’s plain and you have to wear it 5 days a week but it’s better than wearing your own clothes otherwise it’d be a fashion contest everyday.
I love that my friends don’t or look down on me because I’m the only girl in the group and that
I’m 3 years younger than the majority of them and that they treat me equally.
I hate school, it melts me. I know it’s not meant to be fun but I’m not concerned with it, I do well in school but I just don’t have the determination to go on, I want to do well in my GCSE’S and then drop out of fifth year and get an apprenticeship in mechanics, move on to traffic branch and get on with my life.
I hate the fact that the car I want costs £26,400 every two years to run, and that it has to be imported from Japan.
I hate that my boyfriend gets up at 2pm everyday, goes to work for a couple of hours and then gets to do whatever he wants from then on, he can stroll into the house at 6am if he wanted. Melts my head.
I love the fact that even when I get jealous and angry at the tiniest things people don’t react back the same way but let me blow off steam.
I love that when I get home from school my dad always asks me what I want for dinner and tries to make it the exact way I like it, even though he’s not my real dad, the smallest things mean the most to me.
My sister left home when she was 16 to be with her boyfriend, I didn’t talk to her for a year because I hated how much she hurt my mum, but I love it now because that she’s wised up and is picking up the pieces that she left, I love that she texts me the odd time and comes up to the house to confide in me about things she never would of done before.
I hate that when you go to the cinema and you wanna see an 18 film but you can’t because you’re too young so you get stuck with a 12 or 15 and still have to pay the adult price.
I hate that my mum says I’m too young to know what I want, just because I’m 15 doesn’t mean
I have the mentality of an 18 month old baby.
I love people who live every day like it’s their last.
I love those drives when you’ve got the tasteful music on kinda loud and the sun’s shining so much that you can’t see where you’re going but yet it doesn’t matter. And you’re with one other person in the car, both with your sun glasses on, not having a care in the world, not thinking of anything, apart from each other.
I love my mum.
I love my dad.
I love my boyfriend.
I love the people in my life who make a difference.
I love things that make life worthwhile.
I love that no matter how bad or sad I feel because of school, it only takes a matter of minutes for my bestfriend’s to change my mood.

I love life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

huh.
fair enough!
:D