PROJECT

Formerly known as Children's Express, Headliners is a UK-wide news agency producing news, features and comment by young people for everyone.

Through a unique learning through journalism programme, young people aged 8 to 19 research and write stories on issues that are important to them for publication in national and local newspapers, magazines, television and radio.

The aim of this blog, created by Maëlle Guéroult and Connor Scullion, is to let every young person from Northern Ireland express their ideas and opinions, whatever their background.

The views contained in this blog are those of the individual writer and are not necessarily endorsed by Headliners, the host school or any other partner organisation.

If you want to join us, e-mail us!

Tuesday, April 29

Musing about a long summer holiday


By Sandra Perry
Hunterhouse College

My Summer is gonna be such banter, not only do I have 8 free weeks of NO SCHOOL, but I'm going to Muse…3 days of Tennents Vital, weeks of tennis and should be going to Edinburgh or somewhere…
After 30 weeks of school, I FINALLY HAVE 8 FREE WEEKS OF NO SCHOOL….and MUSE!...quite possibly, one of the most AMAZING bands alive.
Thursday night got a text through…
‘here dude, you like Muse?’
SO OBVIOUSLY I was like…
errrrm HELL YEA!...y’ So you know… ‘wanna go see em in Dublin?’
And this is the point, where I realised I AM GOING TO HAVE THE MOST IMMENSE SUMMER EVER.
When Muse did Wembley, a ROBOT brought your man his guitar out…A ROBOT!
3 days of Tennents Vital…even though the headliners aren’t up yet...I DON’T CARE…cause it’s 3 days instead of 2..and I only went to 1 day last year…I DON’T CARE CAUSE IT’S 3 DAYS NOW…and I’m going.
WEEKS AND WEEKS OF TENNIS, starting with the French Open where I can watch Rafael Nadal whip everyone’s asses…ooooh yes :D ..but, this is where school becomes a problem again, Wimbeldeon starts WHILE I'm still at school, what are they doing?
School CLEARLY ruins everything.

No comments: