PROJECT

Formerly known as Children's Express, Headliners is a UK-wide news agency producing news, features and comment by young people for everyone.

Through a unique learning through journalism programme, young people aged 8 to 19 research and write stories on issues that are important to them for publication in national and local newspapers, magazines, television and radio.

The aim of this blog, created by Maëlle Guéroult and Connor Scullion, is to let every young person from Northern Ireland express their ideas and opinions, whatever their background.

The views contained in this blog are those of the individual writer and are not necessarily endorsed by Headliners, the host school or any other partner organisation.

If you want to join us, e-mail us!

Tuesday, April 29

Time flies... relatively speaking

By Laura Haughey
Hunterhouse College

Why is it that time only goes fast when you’re having fun?
The worst time for time to go fast is when you’re having fun and the best time should be when you’re sitting in the most dreaded class that does nothing for you and does benefit you at all i.e. right now.
It has taken me only one minute to write this.
Another thing, why does my sleep just consist of one blink?
Why does time have to fly when the best part of the day begins – bedtime?
I like to cherish my sleep time but because it’s a blink I don’t even know I’ve fallen asleep.
Right, so I’m sitting in class right now mulling over what I’ve written and time is still taking itself.
Only six minutes have went by and I’m still ranting on how time is such a melt.
Ever get when the news comes on and there’s a good show on after, but they news decides to broadcast really monotonous stories therefore it takes longer?
These tend to be on politics.
Who really cares like?
I don’t know about yourself like but I’d rather watch Ann Robinson grief people for being themselves.
Kay so it’s 6:30pm by the time the news is over and the TV show you’ve been waiting on comes on.
You have a few laughs, blink and it’s over.
You then go and waste your life away on MSN and then you look at the clock, it’s now 9:30pm. I’m now officially a computer creep.
I am now MSN and BEBOED out to the max.
I then do the daily things like attempt homework and shower.
It’s now 10:30pm.
I MSN it again and go to bed and blink.
It’s now a new day…

No comments: