PROJECT

Formerly known as Children's Express, Headliners is a UK-wide news agency producing news, features and comment by young people for everyone.

Through a unique learning through journalism programme, young people aged 8 to 19 research and write stories on issues that are important to them for publication in national and local newspapers, magazines, television and radio.

The aim of this blog, created by Maëlle Guéroult and Connor Scullion, is to let every young person from Northern Ireland express their ideas and opinions, whatever their background.

The views contained in this blog are those of the individual writer and are not necessarily endorsed by Headliners, the host school or any other partner organisation.

If you want to join us, e-mail us!

Tuesday, April 29

It's just not fare


By Sophie Dickson
Hunterhouse College

Why is it that whenever I get on a bus, it’s the start of a very painful (and embarrassing) journey?
It is not impossible for anyone else to survive a bus journey without actually wrecking their limbs, so why me?
I get a bus virtually every day, so I have this ‘pre-bus-ness’ every day, this is when I am anxious about what sort of pain or embarrassment I am going to inflict upon myself.
If I was a fan of the phrase ‘bad times’, I would be using it right now.
You can only imagine how much I hate snow, when I have to worry about actually getting to the bus stop safely, with all limbs in tact.
Just the other day, all I needed to do was attempt to get on the bus before I actually hurt myself. It was about time.
It was getting a bit boring having to wait until I was on the bus before I damaged myself.
I hadn’t even put my two feet inside the bus, and the bus driver closed the door on my knee.
Of course, it had to make my knees equally sore, and couldn’t just injure the one that had been hurt one week previous to this.
Of course, I had hurt that one on a bus too.

No comments: